7.14.2006

Breakdown

No, not that crummy movie with Kurt Russel.

Driving to work yesterday morning, the serpentine belt in my car spun off. The thing had been squeaking and making some silly noises over the past week or so, which must've been the belt fraying. The water pump, either by process of age or the belt flying off, was also demolished.

I spent 1/2 an hour at work before the AAA tow truck arrived to deliver my ailing car and I to my parents' place. My step-father and I picked up the parts, and he put it all back together for me. I even got to wash the car, something I hadn't done in a long time.

We finished with it around 11:30, and I drove back to work to finish my day since my department was down by one other person. I'd've preferred to go home, given that Amy's not feeling well and was home alone with the boy. She needs her rest, and I'll be the first to admit that he can take a lot out of you when you're feeling fine, much less when you're sick.

When I got home, I sent Amy to bed, and the boy and I played and watched Time Bandits until it was time to prep for dinner (something about the little people in that movie catches his eye). I cut up a butternut squash, coated it with olive oil, sprinkled it with kosher salt, and then grilled it. I also coated a kielbasa with BBQ sauce and grilled that, too.

Amy wasn't real hungry, and the squash didn't thrill her overmuch. She's more fond of summer squash than winter squash, anyway. The boy seemed to be able to take it or leave it, though he preferred the sausage over the veggies. After Stephen went to bed, I spent much of the evening reading.

That's pretty much my life yesterday in a blog-shaped nutshell. Not necessarily exciting, probably pretty mundane. All I can think now is TGIF.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

The BBQ kielbasa is always a nice, tasty BBQ dish, and it shows that once again, your son has good taste in food! :>

Glad to hear that the new grill is getting a workout this summer. We're back in town, and I'll be (hopefully) posting vacation updates to my blog sometime in the near future.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home