5.01.2007

Enter the Monkey Toddler

Stephen has discovered climbing. And he likes it.

Unsurprisingly, his mother and I do not share his enthusiasm. It's only a matter of time before he hurts himself while attempting to reach something he's not allowed to have. The boy has no fear whatsoever.

His climbing has also extended to his crib. No longer can his nocturnal prison confine him. He's definitely gotten the knack of climbing over the wall, but reaching the ground safely is another matter altogether. Twice now, we've been alerted to his escape attempts by the loud THUMP of his body hitting his bedroom floor.

It's a natural progression, or so I'm told. Children learn that they are more than capable of reaching objectives that were once out of their limited reach. I suppose that, in some fashion, I should be proud that he's grown so much. On the other hand, having Madeline around has given me a whole new appreciation for immobile children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home