1.14.2006

Stephen in the New Year

Look, mom! No hands!


Yes, the child can stand with no visible means of support. In fact, he took his first tottering step this morning, just after this picture was taken. One of the things that I enjoy most about Stephen is watching him grow, learn, and develop as a human being. He's simply amazing in so many ways, and it isn't easy to describe exactly how. It's not just in one way, it's in all ways.

The news of the month is that I'm leaving my current position and moving on to another one at a different company. My last day at the tooth factory is this Monday, after which I've got about a week off before I'm required to report for duty at my new place of employment. It's somewhat sad, because I'm leaving a lot of really great people behind. I've been with the company over two years, and I've gotten to know a lot of folks. It seems as if they will miss me, and I know that I'm going to miss many of them in return.

The good news is that my new position is a step (or two) up from the one I currently occupy. I'm going from a "purchasing clerk" position to a "materials buyer" position. The offer was too good to pass up, so I'm jumping at the opportunity to better my economic situation. It's not all about money, but the money does have something to do with my decision. Wish me luck.

As far as other current events: our good friends, Frank and Lisa, had a baby on January 11th. Amanda Renee (seen here) was 4 lbs, 9 oz at birth. Seeing as she was about five weeks early, this is little surprise. She's a fighter, though, and is doing very well. We dropped in for a visit this morning, which is when this photo was taken.

We drove up to visit Lisa and Frank this morning, via the local gas station. It looks like gas prices have pushed up a tad since Christmas. I must've missed it, because I remember them being about twenty or thirty cents lower a couple of weeks ago. The prices disgust me. Soon enough, it's going to get to the point where $3 a gallon is considered normal in SoCal. Ugh.

On a completely scatological note...

...we drove to our FLGS ("Game Empire") to pick up an item I'd ordered a week or two ago. Every time we drive to Game Empire, we pass this building with a sign that proclaims, "Hemorrhoid Care Clinic by Laser," with a web address of www.hemorrhoid.net. My wife commented, "The scary thing is, that means that 'www.hemorrhoid.com' was already taken."

I couldn't help but snap a photo for posterity. May God have mercy on my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home