10.19.2005

The Cranium People: Follow-Up

It's been a couple of weeks since the last post. Gads, I've been busy. Work, home, writing, etc. It's certainly not the way it used to be, back before we had our baby boy.

As the title suggests, we returned to Cranial Technologies today and picked up Stephen's helmet. It was a long appointment, because they wanted to make sure he would tolerate wearing it. I forgot to take the camera with us, so these pictures from tonight, after we returned home, will have to do.


Here's the little man, holding his helmet. It's light-weight, and while not incredibly stylish, he is pretty cute in it (see below).


If there's an ultimate test of "cute," it's whether someone still looks cute wearing something like this. I think the boy passes with flying colors.

Now, while we were at the clinic, we discovered a half-inflated "bouncy" ball with a giraffe pattern on it. I sat across from Stephen, and rolled/bounced it back and forth to him. This was a big hit. He squealed, he giggled, he did his "Chaka" noise and waved his arms. While he has ball-like objects at home, he'd never had a real one until tonight. I picked this one up for him on my way home. It's his eye ball. Nyuk.

Funny that such a simple thing would be so entertaining for him. We sat and rolled the ball for a long while, and he didn't seem to get bored as fast as I did. I just hope the occasional bouncing doesn't disturb our downstairs neighbors.

One other thing he likes: Cheerios. I bought a box of them last night, and I've been giving them to him (broken into halves) all day. He loves them. He opens his mouth like a little bird. I can put them in his hand, but he hasn't worked out how to open his fingers so that he can drop them into his mouth.

And here's a picture of the boy, looking lovingly at his mommy (who is sitting off-camera, of course).

The way I see it, a good many of the pictures of the boy over the next two or three months will include him wearing his headgear. Thus, I won't bore you with too many shots of it tonight. I think that, given time, it will definitely lose its novelty value.

They tell us that we should see some kind of improvement within a week. We go back for a follow-up next Wednesday, and then I think we'll be going in once every couple of weeks to make adjustments and monitor his progress.

That's it. Sorry it's been so long since the last update. Like I said: busy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Hannah, he is getting so big! I mean, just take a look at the size of his eye! And yes, he is totally cute in his helm. ::smile::

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the kid looks a lot more like your wife now. He is disgustingly cute, I am getting diabetic just looking. He has no right to be that cute.

He may almost be as cute as my son...

Christmas is coming, and while the ball will be a big hit, the empty boxes at christmas will be WAY cooler than the present. Espescially if there is one he can crawl into.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home