2.04.2007

The Nesting Has Begun!

Today, we started to clear out Stephen's room in preparation for our daughter's impending arrival. Prior to Stephen being born, that room was my office (and, prior to that, it was a spare bedroom). The intent now is to take anything that is mine out of that room and find a spot for it somewhere else. Amy seems to think this will be easier than it sounds. Me? I'm the pessimist.

We've been working on this since 10:30 this morning, and we're no where near done. Thanks to Stephen's grandma, he's been out with her and Grampa Lee all day. If he'd been here, the entire process would've taken considerably longer, and we'd both be hoarse from saying "No, Stephen. Put that down, please," over and over again.

It seems each child we have brings Amy and I closer to mixing our belongings. With Stephen, we'd merged our game collections and our music collections. This time around, we'll be putting my clothes into Amy's closet. A monumental undertaking.

The Super Bowl is about to start. Billy Joel (looking considerably older than I remember him looking) is belting out the National Anthem. I probably won't watch much of the game, but it'll be on in the background. At some point, we need to rescue my mom from Stephen.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Woo-hoo! Moving stuff around is *sooo* much fun! ;>

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home