7.30.2005

I'm Still Breathing

Saturday is here, and I haven't posted since Wednesday. Funny how this blogging thing starts out quick, and then slows down. Not that I have a lack of interest, but dang! I've been too busy to post anything.

Thursday's Megadeth concert was surprisingly good. I knew more of the songs they played than I expected to. The opening bands, Dream Theater and Fear Factory, weren't horrible. Dream Theater isn't really my cup of tea; being a co-headliner on the "Gigantour," they had a long set which seemed to stretch on and on. As for Fear Factory, we only caught the last two or three songs of their set. They weren't bad, and appealed to me much more than Dream Theater did.

We didn't end up getting home from the show until around 1am. I managed to drag my sorry butt out of bed at 5:30am so that I could go to work. I was less exausted than I expected to be, which is no mean feat. If I don't get at least six hours of sleep, I'm usually a total mess.

Work was...work. Human Resources sent out an email reminding employees about the company's dress code. Things like this don't usually happen unless a complaint has been made. I can only assume that someone came to work dressed in inappropriate attire. I wonder who it was, and what they were wearing.

I was only home for a little while before I had to leave for my Friday D&D game. I spent the time with Stephen and my wife, and it was tough to leave. Stephen had his four month check-up yesterday, along with three vaccinations. Despite his experience with the needles, he was very cheerful. I guess he's in the 50th percentile for just about every measurement except for height, which he scores a 75th perecentile. If he could stand up, he'd be tall.

I make it a habit to leave the D&D games by midnight (as the game typically runs from 6pm to whenever they decide to stop). Six hours sitting at a gaming table is about as much as I can take in a night. I've been playing with this group since late 2004, and they're a good bunch of guys. My play habits and availability have been impacted by the birth of my son, as well as by my bourgeoning writing career.

I don't know if it's a result of my absences over the past four or five months, but I feel less a part of the group than I used to. The group has also grown in size, from six players (when I started) to eight players (myself included, and not counting the DM). I'm not real keyed in to groups with player populations above five or six people.

So, plans for the weekend, now that I've summarized the past two days.

I need to finish writing a few pieces of the Future Players Companion, and I aim to do that today. Tomorrow, I'm going to replace my brake pads and buy a new bed. Despite the tightness of funds, especially considering October's inevitable rent increase, the bed we've had for the past eight years or so is totally shot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gary, I just heard about your being a father, congratulations to you and Amy both. Also very happy to hear about your writing and publishing things. I imagine writing for games would be right up your alley.

Things are going well for me at the moment. On a two week leave before going to Germany, then over to Iraq in November. No worries though, I'm in a fairly safe part of the Army. I'll try to get in touch if I can.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home