9.15.2005

Bloody Noses

I hate them.

I'm having one right this second, in fact. There's an unsightly wad of paper towel stuffed into my right nostril to staunch the flow of blood.

I've had at least one bloody nose every day since Monday. Sometimes, they're spontaneous. Sometimes, they result from me rubbing my nose in just the right way. Of course, I only pick my nose at my own risk.

It's the weather, you see. At least that's what I tell myself. The weather has changed a little in the past week or two, becoming cooler and drier (if my chapped lips are any indication). When this happens, I'll have a run of bloody noses until I manage to get used to it.

I suppose it could be stress-related, too, but I'm not sure how medically sound that hypothesis is.

Eh, well. I have this fear that if I shower with a nosebleed, I'll just end up bleeding out, and my wife will find my pale, lifeless corpse in the shower long after the hot water has run out...

Speaking of showers...gotta take one. I have much work to do at Ye Olde Toothe Factory.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get some Ocean nose spray. It's just a saline wash, and it'll keep your nose hydrated.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN HAVING BLOODY NOSES 3-5 TIMES A DAY (INCLUDING NIGHTS). HE WORKS IN A STUFFY, SMOKEY BAR BETWEEN 8 AND 18 HOURS A DAY. HE DOESN'T SMOKE, BUT CHEWS TOBACCO. I HAVE TRIED TELLING HIM ABOUT THE SALINE SPRAY, BUT HE REFUSES TO USE IT. DOES IT REALLY HELP?

DAWN

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home