9.01.2005

A Ray of Light

This morning, I received a word from Chris' friend, Michael. To quote the letter:

From a mutual friend about Chris...

Mr. Swearingen, wife and new baby made it out of New
Orleans. I do not know where they lighted. I do know
that he forgot to pack a Chinese army that he had
borrowed from the Gulf South DBM Champion. 8)


Although it looks like Chris might've lost someone else's DBM army, I'm far more relieved that they made it out of the city.

Chris, at left in the photograph, on his wedding day. There was a masked ball after the ceremony, and many guests came in costume. It was an extraordinarily good time.

As for the present, the more I see, and hear, and read about the conditions in the South right now, the more frustrated I get...

My day at work was unproductive. Our computer system went down around 10am, so I wasn't able to process any orders. Between the work I missed on Wednesday, and the work that I wasn't able to do today, I've got a day and a half of work waiting for me. With luck, the system will be operational tomorrow, and I'll be able to get some of that stuff finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home