2.25.2007

Insert Pretentious Title Here

I lack the words for an appropriately silly title which expresses the gravity of our lives, and how much they will change tomorrow. So I'll avoid the overblown title for this entry and get down to brass tacks.

It's official: tomorrow, 2/26/07, Amy and I will be heading to the hospital. We have to arrive at the ungodly hour of 5:30 in the morning. The actual surgery is scheduled for 7:30am. I have no idea what they will be doing to her (us?) in the two hours in-between. More than likely, she'll get all sorts of prep and exam, and I'll get a snazzy set of tiny disposable plastic scrubs to squeeze into.

Those scrubs blow. The best thing about them is tearing them off, like the Hulk, only you don't turn green (unless you're sitting next to the chum bucket that the suction hose empties into, like I was when Stephen was born).

It also seems as if Stephen will be able to visit his mommy and baby sister in the hospital, as long as I can get his immunization record updated at his pediatrician's office tomorrow afternoon. Otherwise, he won't get to see his mother until she comes home, which will be either Wednesday or Thursday.

So, how am I feeling today? Well, I feel like time is running out. Nervous. A little edgy. I'm trying to keep a happy face on, but it's all adding up. I've been busy the entire weekend. I've got a project due on Thursday that I need to find the time to finish. I'm sure I can do it, but the planets will need to be properly aligned.

My primary concerns are my wife and our new child. This has been a relatively uneventful pregnancy. No nausea this time around, thank the gods. It's been going so well that it worries me a little bit. I guess that's just me being superstitious. I've seen enough of those maternity/ER shows (or portions of them, anyway) to know that a million things can go wrong (but usually don't).

Odds are that by this time tomorrow, I'll be handing out bubble gum "It's A Girl" cigars and sending out emails to update all my friends and family abroad on the good news. I'm just a worrier, plain and simple. I always have been.

I guess I'll get down to doing some of that writing I need to have done by Thursday. The coffee shop is about half full, and there are few distractions. It's a perfect time to write. If only my mind wasn't focused on tomorrow, that is.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet Twilight said...

i'm soooo excited for you guys. i hope that it is a very straightforward affair. can't wait to see pictures :)

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! About 9 hours ago, my best friend at high school just had his first daughter (or child, for that matter).

I guess you're up next.

Yep. Can't wait for the pictures too.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home