7.31.2005

Instant Happiness (only $34.99 plus shipping)

I was relaxing after a marathon writing session, and decided to page through my latest issue of Fangoria magazine. I came across an add for several DVD boxed sets: Cleopatra 2525, the third season of Sliders, and--

This is where my eyes literally popped out of my skull, and I uttered a series of expletives that are not appropriate to be posted here.

Earth 2 is out on DVD.

I'm a snob, I admit it. I provide no end of ridicule (in jest, of course) to my fanboy friends and relatives (specifically: my wife and my brother-in-law) for their raving, drooling, foaming-at-the-mouth love of Firefly. Heck, I enjoyed Firefly myself, just not to the point that I'm going to sit and sing "The Hero of Canton" during the opening credits of Serenity.

So I'm humbled by the revelation that Earth 2 has finally been put onto DVD, because my own inner fan boy is clawing his way, zombie-like, out of my chest. It's a series that I watched religiously when it originally debuted, and I was fit to grab my pellet gun and climb a clock tower when I found out that it had been dropped from NBC's line-up (especially considering that they continued airing new episodes of DSV, probably one of the silliest science fiction shows ever, and I'm being nice about it).

In any case, Amazon.com has another $40 of my hard-earned money tonight. Not that I can really afford it, but there are some sacrifices that I am obliged to make.

Buying Earth 2 on DVD is one of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I am still slackjawed with amazement that you really like Earth 2. I shake my head in disbelief, and choose to ignore this tragic flaw in your character. ;>

5:47 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Oh, this coming from the guy who likes Buffy... ::grin::

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home