9.11.2007

Stephen Has Left the Building

Stephen's grandma arrived on Saturday evening. We spent Sunday in DC, and she and my boy boarded a Southwest flight on Monday morning.

We've got some pictures of the weekend -- I'll have to post them later -- as well as some good memories. The ride on the Metro was interesting, and not necessarily in a bad way. Both Stephen and Maddie behaved themselves well, even given the exhausting nature of the trip for such small children.

Amy and I were both sad to see Stephen go, even for such a short period of time. He's our son, and we've rarely been apart from him for more than a couple of days at a time ever since he was born. I'm going to miss opening the front door after work each day and hearing my boy announce, "Hi, Daddy!" His spontaneous hugs and smiling "I love you!"'s are also sorely missed.

I know he is in good hands, so I won't worry about him. The apartment is very quiet now, even with the low roar that Maddie generates.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"OLD NEWS"! Where is new news and pix??? Mom

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's about time for Stephen to re-enter the building, no?

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on!!! Keri and I want more news and pictures....Mom

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home