7.31.2005

We Have a New Bed

My wife and I, that is. My mother and I went down to a local store and picked one out. They delivered it around 1:30pm this afternoon, and I set it up. This makes my wife very happy, as the last bed was, shall we say, on its last legs.

(Actually, the legs had broken, and the only thing keeping the old bed off the ground was all the stuff my wife had stuffed beneath it.)

After installing the bed, I took a nap on it. It meets my rigorous standards, and gains my stamp of approval. Truth be told, I'm almost giddy about the thought of going to sleep tonight!

(Maybe not "giddy," but it'll be nice to crawl into a bed that doesn't sound like a piano that is sorely in need of tuning.)

Speaking of beds, Stephen spent last night in his own bed. Up until now, he's been sleeping in a Pack 'N Play that was given to me by the folks in my department at work. It's sort of like a bassinet, play pen, changing table, and nylon prison cell all rolled into one. So it's not like he's been sleeping in our bed, but he hasn't been sleeping in his crib.

He did well. He woke up at 4am for a feeding, and then went right back to sleep. He fussed a bit around 6:30am, so I got him up and put him in bed with his mother and I for a little longer. He was brave enough for one night, so I didn't think another hour with us would hurt.

He's down for a nap right now. Not napping yet, more like whining, but he's tired and needs a little bit of down-time.

Tonight...I guess I'll work on one of my writing projects, and the prep to sack out in the new bed. Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home